Thursday, November 18, 2010

I Need a Break!

A little venting and a little daydreaming... (you've been warned.)

I do love my job.  I work for a wonderful company with wonderful people!  In case you don't know what I do, I work in Corporate Events and Meetings for a major oil company.  Basically, I manage one of our Conference Centers.  It's really great, believe me!  Lately, I've just been tired from the work I do.  Here's why... all my work is scheduled on someone else's schedule.  It's kinda tough.  You're having a party/meeting/conference?  As long as there's room in our building, you're in and we'll do our best to accommodate you.  (By the way, I have a great team!  This is definitely a "we" effort.)  It's constant interruptions with constant needs constantly all year long.  But add the end of the year to that "normal" and it means deadlines, and pay determination, and holiday parties, etc. etc. etc.  Everyone is wrapping everything up and

DRIVING ME CRAZY!

I love them.  I really do.  It's just a lot all at once right now.  By the time I got to work today, I had four fires that had to be put out within the first 15 minutes.

Which, brings me to the daydreaming... my co-workers lifelong BFF is taking her to Cozumel for Christmas/her birthday.  Sounds perfect!

I could go for a spot like this... 
and a waiter, towel on his arm, ready to bring me anything my little heart desires!

Although, at this moment, I'd settle for a day where no one asked me for anything.  Wouldn't that be great?

Time to get back to preparing for tonight's after-hours party and figuring out where I'll squeeze in those two glorious vacation days I've been holding on to, assuming the phone doesn't ring... ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love my readers and I {heart} comments! Leave a message at the button.