Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Life is GOOD! Taking time to be grateful...

Thanksgiving has found a new joy for me this year.  I think it's the simplicity of it this year.  We've had some crrrrrazy Thanksgiving's over the years.  And last year, we decided to skip the thing all together and spend the day in the Magic Kingdom.  I am truly looking forward to spending time with precious family (including my little bro, his wife and their sweet baby Ray), watching Thanksgiving Day parades, making a delicious turkey dinner and being off of work!  We're even going to play in the "snow" at the Pavillions.

I'm figuring out how to create my own Thanksgiving Blessing Tree.  I've given everyone the heads up and Justus has even submitted his list of things he is thankful for:  God, Family, Friends, Shelter, and Food/Drink.  He's Mr. No-Nonsense.  Lexi's list will likely have Polly Pockets and Tutus and Miss Kellianne, when I can get her to hold still long enough to dictate it.  I'm dying to get crackin' on it!

I got a little crafty the other day and created this "Give Thanks" banner for my dining room.  Every time I walk through the foyer, I smile.  I'm extra happy about this craft because each person in my family helped with a little bit of it.  Justus helped me choose paper and sort it when I got home.  Lexi ran printed letters from the printer in the study to me in the dining room (quite excitedly, I might add!).  Jeremy even got in on the action late in the evening after a dinner at friends' when he realized that a hot glue gun is indeed a power tool!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love my readers and I {heart} comments! Leave a message at the button.