Friday, June 3, 2011

{{WR}} "The Dob's" Wedding

Remember Rob doB and Whitney?  We did the behind the scenes work for them to {get engaged}...

Well, NOW they're married!  And the wedding was incredibly fun!

But let's back it up a bit.

At their engagement party, Rob gave Jeremy a puzzle maze to solve.
 There may or may not have been some serious frustration involved here.

Inside was a card asking Jeremy to be a groomsman.
JJ got one, too!
(Jeremy's has a photo from when he and Rob went skydiving.  I cannot vouch for JJ's photo.)

Fast forward to the rehearsal.  It was perfect May in Texas weather...
I don't know the story on the hat.  I wish I did so I could tell you.

Parents of the bride and groom


 All the guys managed to avoid getting sunburned on their wakeboarding outing earlier that day.

Groom with his father-in-law and cousin.  Happiness! 

Rob's parents put together a photo slide show of Rob and Whitney growing up for the rehearsal and the cutest personal poem with a stream of Chicago-themed gifts for the couple.

After a delicious dinner at Berryhill, Rob gave the guys their groomsman gifts.
Jeremy was astounded because it was pretty much his favorite thing on earth... an Apple product.  This, my friends, is an AppleTV.  What is an AppleTV, you ask?  It's okay, I had to ask, too.  Basically, it is a device that connects your television to the internet so that you can stream Netflix, YouTube, etc.  You can even rent movies from AppleTV.  I admit, like all other Apple products, it's a pretty cool device.

JJ was pretty excited about his AppleTV, too.  His expression reads more "enthused" than "astounded", though.

On their wedding day, after the bride and groom's first look, it was time for wedding party photos.  The {photographer} had spotted a really cool wooden fence as a background, so we hiked over for some pictures.

This moment just cracked me up!  I'm not sure if we're going Monkee's walk or Red Rover here or something entirely different, but it was too classic not to snap a picture.

Whitney was stunning.





Somewhere right around here, Taylor (the photographer) started saying, "I love your wedding!  It's so much fun!"  It may have been all the hilarious comments she was getting.  She hadn't seen anything yet.
And where these guys go, silliness follows closely behind!

Beautiful!


That's my guy... lookin' good!

The courtyard they married in was such a beautiful venue.

They branded their whole wedding.  Super clever... notice how it changes after the ceremony.



Waiting for his bride...
This is where I fell prey to "short person who isn't allowed to wear heels for several more weeks at the end of the row" syndrome and didn't get any pictures of Whitney during the ceremony.

The ceremony was beautiful and personal.  I loved that there was a perfect combination of seriousness, joy and laughter throughout.

Afterwards, we were invited inside for a reception of all kinds of mouth-watering food, drinks, and desserts.
Seriously, check out this cake...

I told you they branded their wedding!  So amazing.

And they had Marble Slab on site, which was awesome.

Each table had a small notebook with a question on the front.  Ours said, "If Rob and Whitney had a celebrity couple name, what would it be?"  For me, this was a no brainer, you see, I started using it the moment they were engaged:  Rob doB and Whit doB.  It's catching on... promise.

The first dance!

It was choreographed.  They played it up.  It.was.adorable.

And a dip to end the dance.

Father-Daughter Dance

Mother-Son Dance

And then, I don't have any photos because we got out on the floor and had a B-L-A-S-T.  Once the DJ got everyone going on the Cupid Shuffle, then came out to make sure we all knew how to Dougie, the rest was a whole lot of silliness and fun.  I cannot wait to see the official wedding photos!  The ones of these two guys are going to be a serious riot.
It was fun getting to know Jess & JJ better, too!

This is Jill.  We went to the same college, but not at the same time.  Her hubby, Josh, is Rob's best friend and the best man.  It was great to see them again!  Those two totally make me laugh.

We went outside to see the newlyweds off under a canopy of sparklers.




It was such a fun wedding and I'm looking forward to many more fun times with Rob doB and Whit doB!


1 comment:

  1. Beautiful pictures of what was a wonderful day, I'm sure. Love the sparklers...such a cool idea!

    ReplyDelete

I love my readers and I {heart} comments! Leave a message at the button.