Sunday, December 5, 2010

Simplify.

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.  ~Leonardo DaVinci

The ability to simplify means to eliminate the unnecessary so that the necessary may speak.  ~Hans Hofmann



If there's one thing I'm putting on my list this Christmas, it's simplicity.  Don't get me wrong... I love my wonderful, overflowing life!  I'm extraordinarily wealthy in terms of love, family, and friends.  I've received over and above my share of grace!  I'm full of dreams, hopes, ideas, compassion, inspiration... there are plenty of areas to relish abundance in my life.

What I'm talking about is the distractions and the need for margin.  I find it easy to overindulge in the activity and the material things in life.  I'm certain it comes from my passion for creating fun in our lives.  If I'm honest, though, from time to time I catch myself stopping to think as I move from one thing to the next that I wish there was a little more time to savor the moment.

In a crazy season like Christmas, I want to be more intentional about choosing simplicity.  The social calendar is jam packed.  The work schedule is hectic.  The gift lists aren't even started.  Which is exactly why I need simplicity!  I did just a little reading about how to get it done... collect, choose the things I love, the essentials, the important; eliminate the excess, and organize the most important things that remain.  That's the plan.  Is anyone else feeling the need for this?  I'm starting with that unfinished gift list!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love my readers and I {heart} comments! Leave a message at the button.