Thursday, April 21, 2011

Awkward and Awesome


Awkward
  • "Well you can tell by the way I use my walk..." The good news is that I'm walking without crutches.  The bad news is that I have a horrible limp.  There is nothing cool about my walk.  I walk like a 112 year old woman.  You can't call it swagger, or saunter, and not even a mosey.  It's ridiculous and I feel ridiculous.  I never have been ultra-graceful, but a little grace and poise would go a long way for my self-confidence at this present time!  (Note the doc's initials to make sure they operated on my left foot.)

  • On my first day back to work a woman hurriedly came up to my desk carrying an armful of stuff including two bags of Sour Cream and Cheddar Ruffles and a Coke.  She was trying to ask me where a particular meeting was scheduled, but managed to spastically dump the brochure holder full of our company values brochures and safety brochures sitting on the counter all over and behind my desk.  When she left, all I could say was, "Awkward!" and go diving under my desk to collect the brochures.
  • Vicodin-induced nightmares and general weirdness.  Here's a glimpse, one involved sandstorms and levitation.  The other had a very bitter friend and roller coasters.  Needless to say, I'm glad to be able to tell you that I am clean!  LOL
Awesome
  • We enjoyed some time with friends and absolutely stunning weather at a picnic with our small group at the park.  Looking forward to doing that again soon!
  • We had a thouroughly fun time at the auction for our daughter's school.  Got to sit by Helen of {TheCrazyCastros}.  Her daughter sang a little song on the video they showed and I couldn't help but wonder if we'd see her on American Idol one day.
  • Justus' birthday was one of the {best.days.ever.}
  • He couldn't identify the best part of his {birthday party} because according to him, it was all a blast!  (I even felt a little supermomish, sitting at the table with my foot propped up, decorating the cake that Jeremy baked.)
  • People took really good care of me after my surgery... time, meals, gifts, calls, texts, etc.  Really appreciated the love!  See {here} and {here}.
  • I had lunch with Ambre this week at Lupe by the sandbox so her kiddos could play.  A few minutes after I sat down, sweet little one-year-old Lucas noticed me and walked right over and asked me to pick him up to give him a hug.  Pretty sure my heart melted.  Yep, it did.

1 comment:

  1. Hopefully your walk improves day by day! I'm sure you feel it's more awkward than it really is. And on the plus side, you have more listed under awesome than awkward, so that's something to smile about. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love my readers and I {heart} comments! Leave a message at the button.