Sunday, May 8, 2011

Celebrating Motherhood

Being a mommy is probably the toughest, most-rewarding job in the whole world.  I honestly don't know how I would do it without these girls!  It's such a blessing to share the ups and downs of life and motherhood with girls who I adore and who love me back.  I've been thinking about them all day and the sisterhood we share.  Love you, friends!

I'm so proud of my baby sister.  It's her first Mother's Day this year.  She's a great mama and it's so fun to be in that stage of life together.  I love you, Sister!

I called my mom today.  They were on their way home from their farm.  She cracks me up!  This is how she and my grandma spent part of their Mother's Day.  That's my little brother towing them in a wheelbarrow behind their tractor.  Hysterical.

Honor and blessings to my mom.
To my mother-in-law.
All my grandmas.
My sisters-in-law.
and to my friends-moms, bonus moms, expecting moms, adoptive moms, those who long to be moms, those who don't want babies but love on kids in wonderful ways (especially those who bless my kids!)
You are all precious and loved!


In other Mother's Day news...

I adapted the Mother's Day printable from {Holiday Snobs} to fit my horizontal 5x7 frame.


Blurry pic of the printed version in my "seasons" frame.

 Lex and I posed for a quick Mother's Day pic on the way in to church.

My "Easter" order from Zulily finally arrived.  I surprised Lexi with one of the outfits for her and her baby doll this morning.  She was beside herself beaming with pride, as she matched her baby!

Justus wrote me the.most.precious book of poetry.
He was dying to give it to me!

Here are two excerpts:

I love you, mom.
You are the bomb.
Lexi and I need our mom.
You are so calm.
You are a super mom.

Mama
Kind, respectful, merciful, cool
Sister of many
Who likes family time
Who feels loved
Who needs a clean house
Who gives smiles
Who fears spiders
Who wants to see Taylor Swift
Resident of H-town
Williams

(Okay, make that three.  These are just too precious.  Spelling unchanged.)
Amazing
Beautiful
Careing
Dazzleing
Extra pretty
Friendly
Good
Happy
Incredible
Justful
Kind
Loveable
Marvolos
Nuggets of truth
Osome
Prisise
Qualititive
Respectful
Super
Talented
Useful
V.I.P.
Won't hate
Xtra-loving
Youthful
Zestful

I indulged in some tacos and tres leches from 100% Taquito, a blissful nap (while Jeremy tidied the kitchen and mopped the floor!), some "me" time, rockin' out to some of my favorite music in the car, a Diet Dr. Pepper (I usually don't drink sodas anymore), a big ol' berry salad for dinner, and (best of all) some extra snuggles with my kiddos.

Dear Justus and Lexi,
Thanks for giving me the best job in the world!  I'm so thankful that God chose me to be your mama.  I so blessed by you both!
Love, Mommy

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful post! Awesome pictures!!! Love the poems from Justus!!!! Amazing talent!! Love you!
    MIL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww! What a wonderful gift from Justus! So sweet! Love Lexi and her baby's matching dresses.

    ReplyDelete

I love my readers and I {heart} comments! Leave a message at the button.