Thursday, May 5, 2011

Home is where the heart is

Spring cleaning is taking the shape of a little-by-little process around my house.  It's being done in 15 minute chunks of time.  And that's okay.  It may take me until next spring, but we're making progress!

Speaking of the home, I was reminded of the importance of having and practicing an emergency plan, especially if you have small children.  (I had to renew my High Rise Emergency Preparedness Training at work this afternoon.)  Jeremy and I really don't have one, but it is on the To Do List for tomorrow.  Here are some tips about how to create and practice a plan:  {E.D.I.T.H. Exit Drills In The Home}.  This is really important!  We take for granted the training we have for how to get out safely.  Kids don't instinctively know what to do, so it's really critical to teach them.

We spent our Cinco de Mayo at home with friends.  Jeremy made enough fajitas to feed a small army!  We had a great time hanging out with {the Sweet T Family}!

Tomorrow is Friday... This week that means a short, casual day at work, then home, home, HOME for the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love my readers and I {heart} comments! Leave a message at the button.