Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Who knew my mailbox could be so inspirational?!?

I'd claim today was a great mail day, but we're not super good about picking up our mail everyday.

And by "not super good"
I
mean
terrible.

So, these two packages could have come at any point in the last several days.  Regardless, look!  There is nothing quite like a care package!   Marcia sent a very sweet one.  Confession:  I cried three times when going through the contents!  There was an awesome thank you note to Jeremy and me for our help with their wedding.  (cry #1)  The little gold bag is a pair of {emergency flats} that I accidently left at the reception {site} (which, by the way, was the dang cutest thing ever!).  She sent some Artichoke Parmesan Dip Mix.  It is apparently to die for and I may or may not want to share!
She sent a book that I simply cannot wait to dive into with Jeremy.  It's called {2:  How will you create something beautiful together?}.  She and Matt wrote a very very very sweet inscription. (cry #2)
As I flipped through the pages, one (not the one below) stopped me dead in my tracks because the quote was so true.  (cry #3)

How lucky am I?  My friend, {Renae}, posted this status on Facebook:
"‎2011 Pay it forward fun... I promise to send something hand made BY ME to the first 5 people who comment on this post and make a similar promise."

I was one of the first five
and
look
at the
cuteness
that
arrived
in MY mailbox!
Renae made me this crafter's apron.  It has about a bajillion pockets and I adore the fabrics she chose for me.  So after my run tonight, I pulled on my jammies and put on the apron.  It inspired me to get started on my {Rosewood Wreath} tonight.... finally!

I made ten roses.  This project may be a lot tedious!  Maybe it will be done for winter before winter turns to spring.

4 comments:

  1. are you sure you want to promise that b/c i live in Ecuador. Actually shipping is not that bad. mari

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mari, hahaha! I would have sent you something (even to Ecuador!), if you'd commented on my Facebook post, but I've got my five. ;) Kinda glad I have all year to get my handmade items done! But, by all means, steal the post and start it up again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you like it Dana... I thought "what crafter wouldn't rather look cute while crafting! haha Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

I love my readers and I {heart} comments! Leave a message at the button.