Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Mushrooms and Sparkle Fingers

Sunday night (you can tell by my Texans jersey), Lexi and I donned our pink aprons and made some Mushroom and Barley Soup.  I'm shocked that my entire family ate and liked the stuff, but that's not what I want to talk about... instead, I want to talk about making memories.

We had the best time!  The guys and Grandma ran to the grocery store for some french bread and various other forgotten items, while we cooked up a little storm and by "storm", I mean one pot of soup.  I taught her about melting the butter and what boiling is.  We sauted the mushrooms together and chatted about how they turned from white to brown while they cooked.  By the end of our time, we came up with a new not-so-secret handshake that involves sparkle fingers!  Yes, as a matter of fact, we are girlie girls.
Please excuse the el lame-o picture!
Maybe we didn't get an awesome photo out of it (actually, quite the contrary.  haha!), but at the end of the evening, out of the blue, my little girl reminded me how much she loved me and that right there is priceless.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love my readers and I {heart} comments! Leave a message at the button.