Saturday, January 29, 2011

Spotlight Saturday: Dawnua

In case you missed it, what's {Spotlight Saturday} ?


Meet my beautiful friend, Dawnua

Dawnua is probably my oldest (that seems like the wrong word... she's a little younger than me and WE are far from old!) longest friend in the world.  We met at Pioneer Girls' Camp NeKaMo (Nebraska, Kansas, Missouri) way back in the day.  I think it was around third grade.  We became close through the painting class we took from her mom at camp.  It certainly didn't hurt that we looked so much alike and had similar names.  We claimed "sisters" and pushed the envelope to "twins" pretty quickly and have been friends ever since!

Dawnua is one of the most genuine people I know.  I believe that when people are cut open by the trials and struggles of life, they bleed who they really are.  I've watched Dawnua endure so much and I've seen her bleed kindness, integrity, goodness, joy, faithfulness, and hope.  She's real about the pain or the frustrations, but what overflows out of her heart is gold.

I'm so inspired by her strength and perseverance!  She handles so much with grace and humor.  Dawnua loves her family much and it shows.  She's wife to Scott, who is currently fighting Lyme Disease.  She's super fun bonus mom (her awesome alternative name to stepmom!) to four precious kids.

Don't they look like a fun-loving bunch of angels?
{photo credit to Dawnua}


Her mom, Mary Ann, has had some very serious heart problems over the last couple of years.  Her dad passed away almost fourteen years ago, so Dawnua has faithfully cared for her {mom's health}.

Dawnua is super creative!  She's a great photographer and artist.  Her trade is graphic design, but she's 13 months between opportunities.  I know she's terribly frustrated and would certainly appreciate your prayer for her career.  In the meantime, I'm amazed by the clever and inexpensive fun things she does with her family.  Their family New Years party was simply brilliant!  She's also adventurous and industrious.  They owned their own coffee shop.  She'd take her family out {geocaching}.  If you geocache, their family name is RockChalkGeoHawk.  They've been renovating the loft that the live in... I would totally love to see it!

If you're looking for a new blog header, she does {custom blog headers}, too (and for a great cause).  There's not much that she can't do!

I'm truly amazed by you, Dawnua.  I was choked up most of the time writing this blog.  You are gold and I'm honored to call you my friend and my "sis".  I'm taking a few minutes today to ask God to shower you and your family with abundant blessings this year.  I love ya, sis!

{Spotlight Saturdays Archive}

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love my readers and I {heart} comments! Leave a message at the button.