Wednesday, January 5, 2011

I'm not anti-New Year's Resolutions (really!), but we're trying on a "Motto" instead this year.

When the holidays roll around at work, people take vacation.  When people take vacation, they don't schedule meetings.  When people don't schedule meetings, it gets really quiet up here on the 40th floor.  It's been this way for three weeks!  (I'm not complaining.  It's been a much-needed break.)  So, in the midst of this quiet (which is a word we don't actually utter on the floor for fear of jinxing said "quiet"), I not only cleaned out my inbox and caught up on other tasks, I took advantage of some of the cool Work/Life Balance resources my company offers.  One of these was a podcast on {simplifying}, which of course grabbed my attention!  I don't remember all of the details of it, but I did come away inspired and thus our family motto for 2011 was born:



I still have some work to do in the practicality department on this one.  Seriously.

For starters, when faced with a decision, we're just asking ourselves: "Will ________ create more fun and less stuff in our lives?"  (circle one)  Yes/No

The idea has already positively affected some of our decisions this year:
Cupcakes are consumable!

Memories only take up virtual space ;)

Just thought of this!  I should give away/donate a dress, or (gulp!) two, when I get my new one.

Some random decision not to purchase something that neither Jeremy nor I can recall now.
Obviously, the stuff wasn't that important!

What about you?  Do you have a resolution or goals for this year?  Link up or comment below.  I'd love to hear about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love my readers and I {heart} comments! Leave a message at the button.