Monday, March 21, 2011

And that's how we do it here in h-town!

Jeremy's whole family came to town for spring break, which of course, happens to be during Rodeo season~the biggest in the world!  Nicki and I have been talking about doing Rodeo here in Houston since these big boys were babies...
Big boys, Soren, Justus, and Sawyer, ready to Rodeo
I'd say it was about time!

Jeremy and his brother, Stephen, with Lexi and Rece.  It's pretty cool how these two have enjoyed seasons of life at the same time... dating Nicki & me, being engaged, getting married, expecting first babies-both boys!  Lexi and Rece and just months apart, too! 
We did our best to spend two of the big half-price carnival books...
I took the little ones (and the camera) to the kiddie section.
Lexi is a leeetle excited about the Hot Air Balloon ride.
Hold on tight, Rece!
The train!  The train!  They loved it.
 The only thing that could pull us all away from the rides was some yummy rodeo food.  We all grabbed some dinner.  After dinner, Jeremy bought a little bit of deep fried everything!  We had funnel cake, fried Oreos, fried Twinkie, fried Snickers, and fried Oatmeal Cream Pie.  It was snowing powdered sugar and deep fried delights.  And, by the way, the Oatmeal Cream Pie was surprisingly delish.

We had to stop to pose for some goofy Rodeo pics!

We're ready for some bull riding!
 It was a bit of an off-night for the bull riders, the bulls were in rare form and only three of ten managed to stay on the full eight seconds.
I won a long sleeved white T by texting in during the rodeo!  Apparently, I'm on a roll these days...  Aeros, Laser Treatments (but didn't use it), Rodeo, T-shirt.  I'll see you in Vegas!  (kidding!)

Family Pic in front of the Carnival
Lexi was so pumped to be holding Nana AND Papa's hands!  She made a point to call out to us so we'd look and see.  She's big stuff,  I'm tellin' ya.  Grandparent time is THE BEST.  She's my kiddo who will every so often burst into tears cause she missed one of her grandparents.  So sweet!

My handsome guys

 Everyone had a wonderful time!  We were all exhausted from playing so hard.  I got up for work the next morning, but I'm told the house was pretty quiet until about 8:30am, which is pretty impressive for our early-risers. 

1 comment:

  1. Looks like everyone had a great time! The family picture turned out great!

    ReplyDelete

I love my readers and I {heart} comments! Leave a message at the button.