Saturday, March 12, 2011

Spotlight Saturdays: Virginia

In case you missed it, what's {Spotlight Saturday} ?


Meet my beautiful friend, Virginia.

Virginia and I met in our "New to (our employer)" orientation class at work.  She got lots of points with me when she told me she thought I was her age, cause I'm just a weeeeeee bit more than I care to admit older than she is.  We found out that we had a lot in common and often joked that we were the same person with different colored hair, not to mention the (oh, I don't know) 6" she has on me!  She works in shipping, which is not the guys in little brown shorts.  We're talking ships.in.the.ocean.hauling.massive.amounts.of.cargo.

Virginia is amazing because she's one of those friends with who you can be super serious AND ultra silly.  I love that about her!  She's one of those people that wherever she is, that's where the party's at, cause she is the party!  But she also has a great empathetic listening ear.  I can't count the number of times she's let me vent and made me feel better.

Here's an example:  On Friday, I commented over instant messenger at work that I was having a hard time feeling motivated.  She told me she was knocking out tasks like crazy in order to make the day go faster to get to her fun weekend.  The rest, you can see for yourself:

This is classic Virginia!  It made me laugh and check a couple more things off of my own To Do list, but not until after I snapped a pic (because that is what bloggers do!).

I'm really inspired by the way she asks great questions and makes a point to remember the details.  It's a unique quality that makes her so well-liked because she puts you at ease and makes you feel important.  She always remembers to ask how (insert whatever you told her about before) went.  I'm not as good at it, but I'm learning from her.

She has this really great family, too.  They're so sweet and they have so much fun together.  Family dinners out often.  Vacations.  I seriously hope that when Justus and Lexi grow up, they enjoy hanging with Jeremy and I the way she and Jason, her bro, like hanging with their folks.  It's a cool dynamic and I've been taking notes.  Well, mental notes, at least.

Some favorite moments, so far:
  • the time we bought two too-good-to-be-true-but-they-really-DO-work overpriced-but-we-DID-talk-him-down curling irons at Girls Night Out
  • cracking up while making sandwiches for SEARCH Homeless Services with the sammich team
  • that one day we took that really long walk
  • getting introduced to some of my favorite eateries downtown during lunch
  • surprising her with a visit to the Mmm Cupcake Truck during her birtday lunch when I first heard about the truck (and so {it} began!  and by "it", I mean the obsession)!


We've both been through a lot in the last two years that I've know her.  We've grown, learned, and changed.  Virginia is a great friend.

Love ya, V!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love my readers and I {heart} comments! Leave a message at the button.